Thursday, May 23, 2013

Catholic Marriage: Readings

SACRAMENT OF MATRIMONY
Liturgy of the Word
First Reading
A reading from the letter of Paul to the Corinthians.

Set your hearts on the greater gifts. I will show you the way which surpasses all the others. If I speak with human tongues and angelic as well, but do not have love, my speech is no more than a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and with full knowledge, comprehend all mysteries, if I have faith great enough to move mountains but have no love, I am nothing. If I give everything I have to feed the poor and hand over my body to be burned, but have not loved, I gain nothing

Love is patient, love is kind. Love is not jealous, it does not put on sins, it is not snobbish. Love is never rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not prone to anger, and neither does it brood over injuries. Love does not rejoice in what is wrong, but rejoices with the truth. There is no limit to love’s forbearance, to its trust, its hope, its power to endure. Love never fails.

The Word of the Lord.

Responsorial Psalm
All that I am sings of the God who brings new life
to birth in me.
My spirit soars on the wings of my Lord.

1. My soul gives glory to the Lord, rejoicing in my saving God,
who looks upon me in my state, and all the world will call me blest;
For God works marvels in my sight, and holy, holy is God's name.

2. God’s mercy is from age to age, on those who follow in fear;
Whose arm is power and strength, and scatters all the proud of heart;
Who casts the mighty from their thrones and raises up the lowly ones!

3. God fills the starving with good things, the rich are left with empty hands;
Protecting all the faithful ones, remembering Israel with mercy,
the promise known to those before and to their children for ever!
                                                                               




Reading of the Holy Gospel
Priest:     The Lord be with you.
All:          And with your spirit.
Priest:             A reading from the Holy Gospel according to John.
All:         Glory to you, O Lord.
Priest:
Jesus said to His disciples, “As the father has loved me, so I have loved you. Live on with my love. You will live in my love if you keep my commandments, even as I have kept my Father’s commandments and live in His love. All this I tell you so that my joy maybe yours and your joy maybe complete. This is my commandment; love one another as I have loved you.”
        The Gospel of the Lord.

All:     Praise to you, Lord Jesus Christ.



Prayers of the Faithful
Priest:     Dearly beloved, let us now pray for the church and for our newly wedded couple whose marriage reflect their union with Christ. Let our response be:
“GRACIOUS GOD, HEAR OUR PRAYERS.”

Reader:   For the Holy Church spread over the world, for its leaders and for the rulers of our nation. Let us pray to the Lord.

Reader:   For the poor and the sick and all those in trial and afflictions. Let us pray to the Lord.

Reader:   For ____ & ____ that they may keep their hearts united forever and all married couples. Let us pray to the Lord.

Reader:   That He may stir up the grace of the sacrament in all the married couples here present. Let us pray to the Lord.

Priest:     Almighty, Eternal God, look down with favor upon your servants. Grant them to remain faithful to You and to one another. At the end of a long well spent life, reward them with eternal happiness together with all those who love them. This we ask through Christ, our Lord.


All:          Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Twenty-eighth Sunday in Ordinary Time

October 14, 2018 Twenty-eighth Sunday in Ordinary Time Entrance: Table of Plenty Come With Praise Kon Magkatigum Ta Pag-aalaala P...